Text - A - Tip
TipSoft text a tip is up and running. Here's how it works:
- Text “BUST" plus your message” to 274637 (CRIMES)
- Upon reception of a tipster’s first incoming message, the system will auto-reply with a confirmation containing their unique Tip Alias.
- To submit follow-up information, the tipster simply replies. Nothing else is needed.
- The thread may be terminated by the tipster texting STOP into the system at any time.
Here's another example of how to use text a tip or SMS to contact Crime Stoppers:
- Open your cell phone’s TXT MSG (text message) window
- Select TXT MSG: In the “TO: window type: 274637 (crimes) and then hit the “OK” key
- In the text window type: Bust. Then in the same text window, type the details of the tip you are witnessing or have information about. (Do not include your contact information or name; you will remain anonymous.)
- Hit “SEND”
You will receive a confirmation text with your control number. Please allow at least one week before you follow up with a similar text and your anonymous control number for the status of your case. Your anonymous control number is your identity so please save it or write it down.
- To end the conversation, type “STOP” and hit “SEND”. (Please do not type the word "STOP" for at least several days just in case we have a question for you.
Text STOP to 274637 to cancel. Text HELP to 274637 for help. Msg&Data Rates May Apply